Friday, August 24, 2007

Death of Thomas Hooker?

It was a sad day over a month ago when I logged onto the New England forum of Beer Advocate and found this post. Apparently Paul Davis would no longer be brewing for Thomas Hooker, my favorite non-brewpub CT beer. He made a fantastic doppelbock, second maybe only to the Andechs we got to drink while in Munich. His imperial porter, barleywine, Oktoberfest, and IPA were all fantastic also. Rumors swirled surrounding this news, but I don't really think it's appropriate to share them here. We were warned to snatch up what remained on the shelves because it wouldn't be there for long.


For the last two weeks I've hit Thomas Hookers' website only to get a "cannot find server" message. No official announcements. Huh.

It'll be interesting to see what surfaces in the next few months. In the meantime, I'm mourning the loss of one of CT's finest brewers. I wish him all the best and hope his future plans involving "New Hampshire and Lagers" work out.

-Dave

No comments: